Friday, April 22, 2016

GETTING READY TO PRINT!

Today in Art class we completed the printmaking quiz and then worked a little more on our printing plates. Students who finished early experimented with watercolor paint to prepare paper backgrounds for printing next week.

Here are a few pictures of fantastic painted papers by our talented students - they were not given any directions on "how" to paint their papers; I wanted them to experiment and I am thrilled with their creativity and willingness to try different things! ...These are not finished art pieces - they are intended for the students' printed images next week...














Below are a few short videos of students working:






In case you missed today's class, here are the assignments:


Bellringer: study for quiz

Objectives: 
  • I can demonstrate knowledge of printmaking vocabulary on a multiple choice test.
  • I can finish preparing my printing plate, making sure there are areas of solid color and both thick and thin lines. I can fill the whole space with my design. When I finish, I can prepare paper for printing with watercolor, painting all over the paper. 

Today's lesson met the National Visual Art Core Standard #1: "CREATING"
"Anchor Standard 2: Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.

Enduring Understanding: Artists and designers experiment with forms, structures, materials, concepts, media, and art-making approaches"